Parent Advisory Council
Our mission is to support the efforts of Morning Star Staff by volunteering time and raising funds in order to provide materials, equipment and / or experiences that enhance the educational opportunities provided by the Bozeman School District.
January 15 8:00am-9:00am Library April 16 8:00am-9:00am Library
During the current 2018-19 school year, PAC raised approximately $80,000 at our annual single fundraiser, our Fun Run. This incredible support from our community is allowing our school to provide many meaningful and supportive opportunities for our students including:
- Art integration for all grades
- New Shelter Area
- STEM Club
- Holiday Program
- Winter Ice Rink set up and maintenance
- Snow blower and firehose
- Cultural Celebration
- In-class programming from outside experts like MOSS and Artsplot
- Field trips to Bohart Ranch, Bridger Bowl, Bozeman Opera, Bozeman Symphony, MT Grizzly Encounter, Virginia City, Lewis & Clark Caverns, State Capitol in Helena & more!
- Grade Level Community Service Projects
- Professional Development Opportunities for BSD7 Staff
How to Get Involved
- Attend PAC Meetings and PAC Parent Nights
- Lead / volunteer at school events
- Serve as a PAC officer or committee member
Key Volunteer Opportunities
PAC Open Leadership Roles for 2017-2018:
• Cultural Celebration (date is coming) – 1-2 Chairs plus 5 committee members with the following responsibilities:
o Assembly Coordinator: 1 person to coordinate booking an act (like Yamama) for the assembly. Timing: booking before winter break.
o Passport Coordinator: 1 person to oversee the printing of the passports at the printer, and assembly by a team of student leaders / volunteers. Timing: printing takes place on Black Friday; assembly in Spring.
o Registration Coordinator: 1 person to coordinate registration – preparing the registration templates & food templates, and distributing them to parents / coordinator with teachers. Timing: Spring 2018.
o Community Coordinator: 1 person to reach out to various community partners (MSU, other) to encourage exhibits from adults / professionals who have lived in various countries. Timing: Fall 2017.
•Yearbook (throughout year)
o Photograph Coordinator – 1 person to (a) set up an online folder for event photographers to drop photos into, and (b) follow-up with event photographers before & after the event to ensure photos get taken & posted in a timely manner. (We will add an event photographer in Sign-Up Genius for each event / major field trip).
o Chair-in-Training – this could be the same person as the Yearbook Photograph Coordinator or it could be a different person, but someone to work alongside Jen Schultz on coordination with the Yearbook vendor, photo selection, and production of the Yearbook.
• After-School STEAM Program (throughout the year)
For the past few years, Laurie White has overseen Crazy 8’s Math, Innovation Station, and Active Imagination classes that take place at Morning Star after-school. Looking for a volunteer (or two) to take Laurie’s place overseeing these programs:
o Handling program registration o Coordinating class instructors & classroom space
o Materials supply / curriculum
• Carnival Chair: 1-2 people to oversee the end-of-school Carnival June 1, 2018 from 5-7pm; could also use committee members with the following responsibilities:
o Game organization & layout o Prize ordering & distribution o Volunteer coordination
o Outside vendor coordination (food trucks, photo booth, etc.)
NOTE: If volunteers are NOT found for the above programs, they WILL NOT run.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
2016-17 PAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes